Replacement Glass Chandelier Shades. Silk Pleated Drapes.
Replacement Glass Chandelier Shades
- The action or process of replacing someone or something
- A person or thing that takes the place of another
- the act of furnishing an equivalent person or thing in the place of another; “replacing the star will not be easy”
- substitution: an event in which one thing is substituted for another; “the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood”
- refilling: filling again by supplying what has been used up
- Idlewild are a Scottish rock band, formed in Edinburgh, in 1995, comprising Roddy Woomble (lead vocals), Rod Jones (guitar, backing vocals), Colin Newton (drums), Allan Stewart (guitar) and Gareth Russell (bass).
- Chandelier is Japanese rock band Plastic Tree’s sixth full-length album. Those who ordered the first press limited edition of this album also received a poster.
- A decorative hanging light with branches for several light bulbs or candles
- branched lighting fixture; often ornate; hangs from the ceiling
- (shade) shadow: cast a shadow over
- (shade) relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body; “it is much cooler in the shade”; “there’s too much shadiness to take good photographs”
- Darken or color (an illustration or diagram) with parallel pencil lines or a block of color
- sunglasses: spectacles that are darkened or polarized to protect the eyes from the glare of the sun; “he was wearing a pair of mirrored shades”
- Screen from direct light
- Cover, moderate, or exclude the light of
- A thing made from, or partly from, glass, in particular
- A hard, brittle substance, typically transparent or translucent, made by fusing sand with soda, lime, and sometimes other ingredients and cooling rapidly. It is used to make windows, drinking containers, and other articles
- furnish with glass; “glass the windows”
- a brittle transparent solid with irregular atomic structure
- Any similar substance that has solidified from a molten state without crystallizing
- a container for holding liquids while drinking
replacement glass chandelier shades – Quoizel MY5103ML
Warmley & Siston Chronicles 1894 – 1913
The first parish meeting for the administration area of Siston which included Warmley, Webbs Heath, Siston Hill and Common (but not yet Bridgeyate) was held on Tuesday 4th December 1894. The meeting was called following the Local Government Act of October 1894, which allowed anew democratic level of local administration. The meeting was held in the National Schoolrooms at Webbs Heath.
The Reverend W.A.Taylor, Rector, of St. Annes, Siston, was elected to be Chairman of this first meeting. There then followed nominations for the office of Siston’s first councillors. The following were duly elected (with votes received in brackets):
George Joseph B. Taylor (45); Herbert John Messenger (38);
Benjamin Exley (32); Joseph Henry Jefferis (32); Isaac Green (30);
Alfred Gibbs (30); William Edwin Hooper Hancock (30);
James Nash (30); Andrew Ody (30).
So ended the first Annual Parish Meeting and two weeks later, on Tuesday 18th December 1894, the newly elected Councillors met for the very first time to serve the electorate of Siston Parish.
The Warmley Congregational Church, in Chapel Lane traces its history back to 1845, when the earliest services were held in an old meeting room situated where the War Memorial now stands. The Warmley Tabernacle, as it was originally known, was the oldest Nonconformist church in the whole district.
It was here in 1845, fifty years earlier, that the first meetings were held, as a result of a new explosion of Christian activity, from the historic Whitfield Tabernacle in Kingswood. This was due mainly to the powerful ministry and evangelistic zeal of the Reverend John Glanville (1833-55). The ageing congregation had found it difficult to travel the long steep hill to Kingswood Tabernacle and resulted in the formation of this off-shoot chapel.
Straight away plans were made and the following year, 1846, the building of the present chapel. The cost of the building was ?273. 1s.7d and it was opened practically free of debt.
A new Christian Tabernacle was now in the midst of the people of the village of Warmley, the only one at that time (St. Barnabas was consecrated five years later). The sanctuary was lit by candles with a chandelier in the centre, an oil lamp chandelier followed later, and gas lamps were not installed until 1908.
The 50th anniversary celebrations were marked by the introduction of pews, not much of a luxury you may think, but until then only benches were available for our frail and elderly ancestors. It is worth noting here why it took so long. When Penn Street Tabernacle, Bristol, dared to introduce forms with backs, they were confronted with the wrath of George Whitfield himself who said that people did not come to a place of worship to be made comfortable!
It was also in the year of 1895 when a new means of transport became available in the area. In October 1895 the first electrified tram left Old Market, Bristol, and began its inaugural journey to the Tramway depot at the top of Kingswood Hill. This was watched by an excited crowd of an estimated 100,000 people.
The track did not extend down the hill to Warmley but for only a short walk of about one mile, the people of Warmley and Siston had a cheap means of travel into and out of the City of Bristol and thereby access to work, entertainment and all the good things a city has to offer.
Long before the days of vaccination, epidemics of all the common diseases were rife in the area. In July 1896 Scarlet Fever ravaged the younger members of the community to such an extent that Warmley Church of England School had to be closed for a whole month. This period of self-isolation then probably linked up with the summer holidays to give a fresh start for the Autumn Term.
Two years later it was the turn of Measles and once more the school had to be closed for a fortnight. In 1900 Scarlet Fever reappeared and Measles again in 1905, closing the school for three weeks and four weeks respectively.
To celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria and with the support of the Siston Parish Council, a fund was started to buy the remains of an old cottage that stood opposite Bridge House. This was the site of the former Tabernacle mentioned earlier.
The building later became a grocer’s shop run by William Spicer, and finally was used to rear pigs. The people of the community chose this site as the ideal spot to have a village green as it stood at the cross-roads in the centre of the village.
The fund was begun in June 1897 and by January of the following year nearly all the money was raised, although it wasn’t until 1905 when everything was finalised.
The list of subscribers is too long to be included here. However it is interesting to note a few of its supporters which included E. Colston, William and Mrs. Joseph Haskins, George, Philip and Sidney Fussell, Sir John Goldney and The Bristol Tramway Company.
We just painted all the common areas white and haven’t hung our paintings back up – not sure how many to put back up…
replacement glass chandelier shades